Trouble starting ORQA

Hi guys,
I’m having an issue starting ORQA after rebooting my PC. Orqa starts to load, fails, then points me to the log file in the metadata folder where I can see this:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2016-08-26 09:26:55.692
!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2016-08-26 09:26:55.786
!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.core.resources (37).
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourcesPlugin.start() of bundle org.eclipse.core.resources.
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:795)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:724)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:932)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:309)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:581)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:449)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:470)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.hooks.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:529)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.findLocalClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:325)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:334)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.sources.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:36)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:395)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:361)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:353)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:161)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	at org.ibboost.orqa.core.ProjectManager.<init>(ProjectManager.java:53)
	at org.ibboost.orqa.core.ProjectManager.<clinit>(ProjectManager.java:37)
	at org.ibboost.orqa.application.gui.Application.start(Application.java:52)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.ObjectNotFoundException: Tree element '/Model/Consultation/startProcesses.bat' not found.

I can see that “/Model/Consultation/startProcesses.bat” file is still there however.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

You can solve this problem by removing the .snap file from the .metadata.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources directory. The .metadata is located in your workspace. You can find out where your workspace is by clicking on Switch Worspace button in Home menu

E.g.:

I hope that will help.

Thanks

Thanks, deleting the snap file in /metadata solved the issue. Without being able to start ORQA I couldn’t use it to find where my workspace was - I knew where it was anyway though :slight_smile: !

Very good point. If ORQA wouldn’t start you could also find it in the ORQA.ini file it’s the line under the -data option. E.g:

-data
file:/C:/_apps/_ORQA/ORQA/

thanks for the awesome information.